We are happy and proud to present you our first collaboration boot with the world-famous Alden Shoe Company. The Navy Blucher High Boot is a true black diamond, full of handmade elegance, expressed in black Horween Shell Cordovan horsehide leather. The boot features Alden’s super comfy 379X military last, a dress toe cap, a double leather sole and a curved orthopedic heel.
- Alden x Statement Navy Blucher High Boot
- 379X Military Last
- Black Horween Shell Cordovan
- Double Leather Sole
- Curved Orthopedic Heel
- White Glove Leather Lining
- Dress Toe Cap
- Handmade in USA
A short history on Alden’s 379X military last:
During World War II the Alden factory was required by the US Government to convert part of the factory to the production of military grade boots. Since Alden is and was very much an orthopedic shoe factory, the company made a boot using various technical arch-support and foot balancing details. The key to this boot was making a last which was broad enough in front to fit the average foot, but tight enough in the heel to provide maximum stability and arch support. The result was the 379X last using the Alden orthopedic heel.
There are 4 elements which give greater support and stability to the heel area of the foot.
- The Alden orthopedic heel gives a bit more elevation, it is slightly higher than a normal heel, to push you back slightly more upright
- In between the outsole, the cork paste and insole is a steel shank which acts as a bridge between the outsole and the elevated heel height of the boot in order to push the inside of your legs slightly higher.
- The Alden orthopedic heel is extended forward under the foot to give extra arch support
- In between the upper leather and the glove-leather lining is a hardened leather heel counter to firmly hold your heel in place.
Not sure about your size?
Find our measurement chart below (Fitting Guide) and see how we measure.
Still not sure? Give us a call on 089/242 92 351 or write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org